Garage Sale Regulations
Garage sales are allowed in the city of Clinton based on the following regulations:
Garage sales in a single-family residential zones shall begin no earlier than 7:00 A.M. and conclude no later than 2:00 P.M. (Monday through Sunday). A permit from the Community Development Department for the conduct or operation of ANY garage sale shall be required for $10.00.
Permit shall be valid for a period of no more than six days. No permit shall be issued for any one location in the city, nor to any one person, regardless of the location, for more than one such sale during any six-month period, except by petition to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen.
The conduct or operation of a garage sale for more than six days within a 12-month period is considered a commercial operation and is prohibited.
• Personal Residence
• Non-Profit/Community Organizations
• Mini Storages
• Shopping Center Parking Lots
Promotion of Garage Sale:
• Signage is Limited to premises to where Sale is conducted
• Signage must be removed within one day of completion of Sale
• No signs off premises
• No signs on utility poles
• No signs on traffic controlled devices
Clinton Community Development Department:
961 HWY 80 EAST
CLINTON, MS 39056