Relocation Information

Frequently Asked Questions

If you're considering moving or have recently moved to Clinton, the following set of frequently asked questions will help you through the process. If one of your questions is not listed below, feel free to contact one of our city departments.

Where do I register to vote?

To register for City, County, State and Federal elections, contact Clinton City Hall at 601-924-5474 and the Hinds County Circuit Clerk at 601-968-6640.  To be eligible to vote, a person must be a citizen of the United States, age 18 or older, and must have resided in Mississippi and this Election District for at least 30 days.  Potential voters must be registered at least 30 days prior to any election.

Where do I get my driver's license?

New residents of Mississippi must apply for a Driver’s License within 60 days and must be 16 years old or older.  Drivers’ licenses are obtained from the Mississippi Department of Public Safety at two locations of the Mississippi Highway Patrol in the Metro Jackson area. Please call for directions to the location nearest you. Telephone: 601-987-1200.

Where do I get a car tag?

Automobile licenses must be purchased annually through the Hinds County Tax Collector and are due during the month in which the vehicle was purchased.  New residents must register their vehicles within 30 days of establishing residence.  Telephone:  601-968-6590.

Where do I apply for hunting and fishing licenses?

Licenses are available for purchase at most sporting goods stores and variety stores.  For more information, contact the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, 601-432-2055.

How do I establish water service?

To arrange water service, apply in person at the City Public Works Facility located at 525 Springridge Road. New customers must pay a non-refundable service fee to establish services. The fee will is $125 for homeowners and $175 for renters. Customers transfering service from one location to another will be charged a $75 service fee. Call 601-924-2239 for more informaiton.

When is garbage pickup?

To find out when your garbage collection day is, contact Public Works at 601-924-2239.